Will you sell Ramli Burger for money? (Life lesson inside)

Back in 2016 when I was still freelancing as a web developer, my (very successful) uncle asked me why I was doing what I was doing.. 

"To earn money" I said.. 

Which he replied "So basically the reason why you do what you do is to earn money?" 

"Yes" ... 

"Would you sell Ramli burger for money?" (he asked)

(After I thought for 1 minute I replied) "No"

"Why?" (my uncle asked)... "It's not what I like to do"

... And that's where he dropped a bombshell on me

"The reason why you FAIL is because you allow your interests to STOP you...

... I'm not interested this, I'm not interested that... when you have no choice and you have no money, you will do anything and everything to make sure you can earn and live, even if it's to sell ramli burgers"

It hit me hard when he told me that, but I remember the lesson even today. 

Which is why when it comes to earning, I always put aside my 'interests' and do what is needed. 

I also see so many like me who limit themselves to 'doing what they like' but still poor (just like me before) and 

When it comes to success, you gotta do what you must do now, up to a point where one day you'll be able to do what you want in the future. 

And the result of this mindshift is...


Today we are the Top 1 Education Leaders in VKids Trend and leading a huge team of more than 1,000 distributors all over Malaysia. 

We're able to live life freely and do what we love now. 

So when it comes to earning, passion cannot make you a living. 

But if you're willing to do whatever it takes, and learn to love what you do, success is yours. 

- Sean Looi

Learn more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The hidden advantages of working in VKids Trend over traditional 9 to 5 jobs in Malaysia

From Student to Success Story: Andryana Liao's Journey with VKids Trend

From Students to Entrepreneurs: How Kenneth and Jasmine Empower Students in VKids Trend